Monday, February 24, 2014

Currently.


Time moves fast and as I get older, I am learning this concept more and more. I try to keep track of each day and then as soon as I know it, it's eight months later and I have neglected this blog, still have unpacked boxes, and avoided some necessary and very important tasks. I can't simply give you a play by play of what my life has consisted of these past eight months, but I can sure give you a glance at what is currently going through this cluttered mind of mine. Currently I am: 

Enjoying: The fact that daylight is lingering a little longer each day. I get done with my day around 5:30 and come home to a dog with all of this energy pent up inside. I am lucky enough to have a nature preserve right down the street from my current apartment, and have been utilizing this time after work to not only let Roxie get some time to release her energy but I also get to have a solid 40 minutes of quiet and mind clearing time. These are some of the best moments.

Anticipating: The arrival of spring is so close but feels so far away. This winter has definitely been one of the roughest and longest winters that I have endured during my time here in Kalamazoo. I have also been a victim to more car troubles during these past few months than I have ever experienced with my car. Flat tires, dead battery, and a mirror knocked off. I am ready for warmer weather and more time being spent outside.

Watching: This isn't something that I am currently watching at the moment, but I recently finished the entire series of 'Breaking Bad'. It took a couple months, but I'm so glad that I spent all a good portion of my free time watching this show. I am so glad that I did.



Listening: Records upon records. One in particular has been a recent purchase of mine from one of my favorite record stores in Grand Rapids. The Head and the Heart has become a recent and quick favorite band of mine. I am seeing them perform live in April and could not be more excited. I guess you could say that is another thing that I am anticipating within these next couple months.




Drinking: Grapefruit Moon IPA from Harmony Brewing in Grand Rapids, MI. This beer has my heart and I was able to bring a growler of it back with me a couple weekends ago. I could drink this beer all day, everyday. Drinking it makes me anxious for warmer weather with a glass of this in my hand.

Reading: The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. Without giving too much away about the story, let me just say that this book is creepy but so beautiful. Check it out.

I am going to leave you with a song that seriously could brighten anyones day, and if it doesn't then there is clearly something wrong with you. It's an oldie but so so good. Catch ya later :)




No comments:

Post a Comment