Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Homesick.




There's something about this time of year that makes me want to be outside more. Maybe it's the leaves starting to change colors, the cooler temperatures, or that distinct smell of fall in the air (you all know what I'm talking about). All of these beautiful aspects of fall make me yearn for being in Michigan. People keep telling me that I'm crazy because the same things are happening right across the lake in Illinois... but it's not the same, I swear! 

Once the leaves start falling and the trees are bare, maybe my feelings will change. The weather will become more gloomy and it will start to get darker earlier and then seasonal affective disorder will start to kick in. I can wait as long as possible for all of that to begin.

But for now, I will try to embrace what I have here but in just a few days I will be back in Michigan to celebrate a friend's wedding and to soak in the wonderful Michigan fall weather. 


(Lord Huron is the absolute best music to listen to in the fall... or basically any time of the year)


No comments:

Post a Comment