Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Who, What, When, Where, and Why?

Now for some of you that may just be stumbling across this blog, you may have a few questions in mind such as:
-Why is this chick going to Germany?
-Where is she living?
-What will she be doing in her free time?
-How will she be able to spend money?
-Etc!



I'm here to answer some of these questions as an introductory post as to what this blog will be about! My professor emailed us a list of questions/answers that a parent had asked, so I thought that I would keep any of my close loved ones in the loop in case they had the same questions.

So moving along...

Name: Stephanie Young but prefer to be called Sky
Occupation: Student in her final year of college at Western Michigan University
Purpose of trip: I will be spending my last fall semester as an undergrad in Heidelberg, Germany for student teaching.
Date of trip: August 19th, 2012 through December 14th, 2012
Where I'll be staying and cost: I will be staying on an American Army Base in Heidelberg, Germany. The apartments I will be staying in are the same apartments that our military family members are living in and we will have cleaning responsibilities for keeping the stairwell clean and not being too loud. The cost of living is $5 per day, coming to a grand total of $150 per month which will be collected at the end of our 15 week period there.
How will she have access to money: There is banking on the base, and I am still able to use an ATM to get cash. I will convert money before I leave and then convert as I go.
What will be going on in your free time? When I am not student teaching, I plan on traveling mostly every weekend. Something that I really liked was that they offer free tours through New Europe Tours in some really great places such as:
-Berlin
-Munich
-Prague
-London
-Amsterdam
-Paris
-Dublin
-Jerusalem
-Brussels
-Madrid
-Tel Aviv
-Hambur
How to keep in contact: I will not have use of my American cell phone, but I believe I can still use iMessage through my iPhone over a wifi connection. There is always Facebook, Skype, and emailing to contact me! I am also able to purchase a phone over there that I can buy minutes for.

This is all of the basic information that I have for  now at the moment. When I receive more useful/important information, you will be kept in the loop!

Auf Wiedersehen

2 comments:

  1. so cool! oh my gosh i'm so jealous you get to be in germany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm nervous/excited for this opportunity! Can't wait to travel to a variety of places in my free time!

    ReplyDelete