Sunday, June 17, 2012

Weekend Refresh

This weekend was full of good times and plenty of good food, courtesy of restaurant week in Ann Arbor. Jon and I got to spend a couple of days with one of my very best friends. 
Beware: lots of pictures
This is Emma. She is pretty cray.

Since it was restaurant week, we took advantage of a few of the deals that were going on at the restaurants in town
Cracklin' Chicken at Blue Tractor

Breakfast at Sava's

My first time at The Melting Pot enjoying some hot cheese and chocolate

We also had to make a stop at one of my favorite places ever: Zingerman's. They have the best bread and cheese selection and some very pretty treats to look at.

They also have one of the best fountain pop machines: Boylan's! My favorite is the Creamy Red Birch Beer.




We also spent our first night in town at Heidelberg. We figured we should get acquainted with the place that I will be spending a few months at.
We played an intense few rounds of darts

This is Jon, my main squeeze and I hanging outside of Heidelberg

After eating way too much in Ann Arbor, Jon and I headed back to Kalamazoo for some quality family time and relaxing.
Roxie nomin' on some grass at the park

Family beach day in South Haven
All in all, it was a pretty fantastic weekend. We also got some delicious goodies at our local farmer's market. Now we are spending the rest of our last day of the weekend watching Community, battling the high pile of laundry, and getting some homework done.

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend as well :) 













2 comments:

  1. yum! love ann arbor restaurants! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many great restaurants to choose from! I love it there :)

      Delete