Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Week Refresher

I have been back to reality for a couple days now and I am already dreaming of relaxing with having nothing to do and being around the ones that I love the most. Although I am not happy to be back to having these responsibilities, it was indeed wonderful to get a break. A chance to breathe and relax.

I got the chance to spend a few days back home in Saginaw and also a few days in Mackinaw City/Mackinac Island. Jon's brother Nick and his wife Amy were in town from Savannah for about 5 days so it was good to get the chance to hang out with them. 

Note: Lots of pictures to illustrate my time home

We all went to a Tiger's game for the 4th of July. It was 101 degrees outside and about a half hour after getting there (and getting free hats) it started to downpour and hail. We had to stand for about 3 and a half hours and it was flooded so our feet were covered in about 3 inches of rain with peanut shells floating all around us. Not a good time!



After the rain stopped, the game was called back on around 9:30 and the rest of the night went smoothly. The Tiger's played a great game (and won!), Jon and I went on Amy kiss cam, and we enjoyed a 5th of July fireworks show!
After Nick and Amy left on Friday, we headed up for a weekend in Mackinac City/Island. Jon's other brother Ben was playing in a vintage baseball game on the Island. The Saginaw Old Golds is the team that he plays for, and these games are a lot of fun to attend! Silly me forgot to put on sunscreen as we sat in the sun for 8 hours watching the games, so I was quite burnt. 

Although Mackinaw is very touristy, it is one of my favorite places to go. 







1. brothers being silly 2. a photoshoot gone wrong 3. the ferry over to the island took us underneath the bridge 4. playing in the water before the baseball game 5. typical mackinaw couple pic 6. We walked around the island and played with some horses 7. typical ferry pic 8. Sun setting over the bridge

As I sit here back in my life as a student, I am grateful for these moments. These moments that allow me to take a break from my day to day routines and allow me to forgot about my stressors for just a couple days. Until next time, I will continue to peel off my first layer of my summer skin. 




No comments:

Post a Comment