Friday, July 13, 2012

Feeling down

I started this blog with the intention of using it as a place where I could share my adventures while abroad in Germany. I thought that this would be the perfect place to share all of my adventures where all of my loved ones could go to one place to check up on me despite the distance.

Due to some circumstances that are beyond my control, I am no longer making this trip for the fall semester. If it was in the cards for me, trust me, I would be going. I don't want this bump in the road to change the path of where I was going with this blog. There are still so many adventures to be had even though I am staying in the states.

Although the idea is hard for me to grasp completely, I am trying to stay 100% positive and make the best of what has been handed to me. This isn't my only opportunity to go abroad. I have plenty of good years ahead of me to make a trip abroad and see the world in my own accord. It is definitely saddening that I can't make the trip with the lovely ladies and Gary and experience it with them, but I know that in some way, I'm meant to take a different direction.

Who knows? Maybe next summer a backpacking trip to Europe or a road-trip to the west coast are in my future plans.


Ever since I went to the Dave Matthews Band concert a few days ago, this song is really resonating with me. These bumps in the road happen for a reason. Life is short but sweet for certain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment