Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ever since November...

The silence on the blog has been going on since November, and for very good reason. From November until April, I was working my butt off trying to finish my undergrad (and graduate!), working, and trying to keep sane during such a hectic time in my life. It all paid off and I am officially a college graduate!


It was also a special day because my oldest sister graduated with her master's and we were lucky enough to be in the same ceremony and have all of our family there to cheer us on! 



I felt so lucky to be surrounded by all of the people that I love and who continuously supported me during these past 5 crazy years.


Another thing to reflect on that has happened since November is an awesome trip that I took out to San Francisco with my mom and sister's. It is so beautiful out there and I look forward to our next opportunity to make a trip out there. We got the chance to finally meet my cousin Kate and also spend some much needed time with our Lola and Lolo. It was truly the happiest 5 days I've had in a while and it was a much deserved break. 



         












      


This trip was the best trip that I've had in a long time. It came at the right time, especially when I needed it the most. I needed a break from all of that school stuff, and this allowed me to just relax and have fun.  There was a lot of time bonding with my sisters (which is kind of rare these days), lots of good food, the best tarts I've ever had, walking all over San Fran to the point where my feet hated me, riding bikes across the Golden Gate Bridge (!!!), seeing my grandparents, cool alleys, and beautiful weather. 

There are other bits and pieces of things that have happened since November, but these are the ones that resonate the most with me. The summer has officially started and the weather is starting to heat up. I am busy looking for a real teaching job (which is a job all in itself) and trying to enjoy my summer as much as I can. A lot has happened so far and I plan on being more present in this whole blogging situation, so a few more updates are in store. I am also working on a sort of blog "project" which I am looking forward to sharing with you. 

I will leave you with a song by my favorite band. I had the pleasure of seeing them two nights in a row and was blown away by their presence and I am still unable to shake off the happiness of being able to see them and be in their presence. (More on this later...)




No comments:

Post a Comment