Friday, June 28, 2013

The Summer of Concerts.

This summer may have only just started but it has been off to a great start. For the past three weeks I have had the pleasure of going to a concert (or two) each week. All of these concerts were ones that I was extremely giddy about upon finding that they were even playing near me. I'm also lucky to have a boyfriend who is down to go to all of these concerts with me (even though he doesn't share my extreme excitement about them!) Can I also add that every single one of these shows was sold out?! Heck yeah.

The line-up goes like this:
1. June 10th: The Postal Service 
2. June 17th: Lord Huron
3. June 18th: Lord Huron (Round 2)
4. June 24th: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes





This is probably the last time that The Postal Service will tour together and it's been a middle school dream of mine to see them live. I will always be blown away by Ben Gibbard and his ability to put on an amazing show, no matter who he is performing with.






I wouldn't have heard about Lord Huron without my sister suggesting them to me on Spotify, but they have grown to be my absolute favorite band as of lately. You also may be asking yourself why I saw them two days in a row. Good question! Let's just leave it to the fact that I am an extremely dedicated fan. The show was also in Grand Rapids, so my sister and I were lucky enough to feast upon some Yesterdog after the show.






No offense to the show in Grand Rapids, but the show that LH put on in Lansing blew me away (and was way better) and just solidified the fact that this band is truly amazing. It also helped that I was right in front of the stage and tall people weren't ruining the experience for my short self. And I got to meet Ben, the lead singer. I mean, come on. If that smile on my face doesn't convince you that this show kind of changed my life, then I don't know what to tell you!

                                             


                                               


 Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes played a sold out show that is basically right down the street from my house. It is kind of amazing living so close to a concert venue. They make you feel so happy during the whole concert, despite being hot and sweaty, getting beer spilled on you, and having to be obnoxiously close to everyone around you. After the show, Alex even played a mini-concert in the alley. Can you say AMAZING! This band can do whatever they want and get away with it, I swear.


Now I'm on a concert hiatus, at least for a couple weeks until my next one in July. There is truly nothing better than a concert, full of live music from a few of your favorite bands during the summer time.

No comments:

Post a Comment