Sunday, August 19, 2012

Today.


August 19th. Today is the day that I thought I would be boarding a plane to head to Germany for four months. It's crazy how your life plans can change so quickly and you're left to follow a different path than the one that you started on.

Today I am feeling sad and envious, I will admit that. Part of me wishes that I was sitting along side my ladies (and Gary) at the airport, anxiously awaiting to begin this adventure. Although I am feeling sad and envious today, another part of me is feeling excited. I'm excited to hear and see everything my 6 beautiful friends are doing while abroad, but also excited for what is in store for me this upcoming semester/final school year. I may not be getting the opportunity to student teach in Germany, but I have a great feeling about my placement here.

I have big plans for the upcoming year. Not being able to go to Germany now has made me more determined than ever to make some sort of big trip after I graduate. There are some plans in the works to go to California next summer with some friends for Comic Con. There is also an idea that has been rattling my mind for quite some time... the idea of backpacking across Europe. I'll have more on that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment